Imagine my surprise when I woke up the other morning to a message from a fellow blogger, goodfoodseeking, letting me know my blog had been nominated for a Liebster award! Being a newbie at this whole blogging thing I’m always just thrilled to get a comment or new follower, but a nomination for an award…wow, I was really excited.
But wait…What is a Liebster Award? I dunno, sounds German though and hey, it’s an AWARD!
After a quick search I learned that the Liebster Award is given to new bloggers who have less than 200 followers. I have 10 followers but one is my mom so I don’t think that really counts since it’s kinda mandatory that she has to follow my blog (but she isn’t allowed to post gushy, motherly comments about how great I am or “Remember when you were little and you ate dog food and shared your suckers with the dog..” posts). And just in case you were wondering, I don’t remember doing those things so they never happened.
Ok, I get side tracked easily at times…Back to the Liebster Award…The rules for receiving the award are:
Answer the questions that the tagger set for you & create 10 questions for the people you’ve tagged to answer.
Choose 10 people and link them in your post.
Go to their page and tell them.
No tag backs.
Here at the questions goodfoodseeking has asked along with my answers:
1. What is your favourite film? That would be Shawshank Redemption. Red: “Get busy living, or get busy dying.”
2. What is your most memorable meal? My grandmother’s fried catfish. No one & I do mean no one makes fried catfish like that woman!
3. What ingredient could you not do without? Probably garlic powder.
4. Do you have a favourite Christmas recipe? Monkey Bread. I usually make it Christmas morning for everyone to pick at when they aren’t unwrapping presents.
5. If you could visit anywhere in the world right now where would you go? Italy
6. Would you like to be on board the first flight to the moon? Nope, I’m happy with my toes dug down in the dirt!
7. Salted chocolate – love or hate? Love it!
8. Whats the first thing you remember cooking/baking? Making fried donuts with my mom when I was about 3 years old. And my Easy Bake Oven. I loved that thing!
9. Do you have a favourite restaurant? Volare in Louisville, KY. Super delish and the co-owner is fab and has a really great accent 🙂
10.What made you start your blog? I needed something to do. I wasn’t working and I had started baking and cooking a lot and people were always asking for my recipes so I figured it would be fun to start a blog. Now it’s like my baby, I want to nourish it and watch it grow.
Here are the blogs I nominate:
The Table Blog
Take Two Tapas
Top Ate On Your Plate
The Kitchen Getaway
Teaspoon of Life
Now here are the questions the blogs I have nominated must answer:
1. What is your favorite animal?
2. If you were dropped off on a deserted island and you could only have three items with you what would they be and why?
3. What is your favorite kitchen gadget?
4. What was your favorite cartoon when you were a kid?
5. Do you know what Underoos are, if so what were your favorite?
6. What is the grossest/weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten?
7. What would you like your last dinner to be?
8. What is one holiday tradition your family has passed down to you?
9. What do you think has been the single worst fashion trend?
10. What is your favorite gift you’ve ever given someone?
Happy bloggin’ y’all!!!!